Last Updated on 2nd February 2022
It’s with great delight we look forward to travel in the new normal and we look forward to welcoming you at our award-winning haven in the mountains of Sri Lanka. Santani is a retreat that couldn’t be better designed for the new-normal, with mountain fresh air and space to breath. For us, wellness and wellbeing are elemental.
When it comes to your health & safety, we do not leave anything to chance. We follow the strictest international protocols to ensure that you, our team and our community are protected. Our guests are already enjoying the safe and open spaces of Santani.
I understand that this process is different from what you, as travellers, are used to, but we promise it’ll be worth it.
Looking forward to seeing you soon,
Founder & CEO
Santani Wellness Resort & Spa
If the guests are fully Vaccinated
Travelers who have completed the recommended doses of COVID-19 vaccination and arriving after 2 weeks of completion of vaccination will be considered fully vaccinated travelers. Any vaccination type accepted by the country of origin is acceptable.
Children of 12-18 years, if depart two weeks after obtaining at least a single dose of Pfizer/Moderna Vaccine, will be considered as Fully Vaccinated.
Prior to boarding ; travellers are required to
1. Have a valid tourist visa. All visas must be applied online. Visit gov.lk.
2. Fully-vaccinated travellers are exempted from pre-departure COVID-19 PCR/ Rapid Antigen Testing.
3. Not-vaccinated / not-fully vaccinated children of 12-18 years travelling with fully-vaccinated tourists must obtain a negative PCR test report within 72 hours or a Rapid Antigen Test report (self-swabs are disallowed) within 48 hours prior to embarkation and produce that at the airport.
4. Visit https://portal.pionline.lk/covidinsurance/ to pay for mandatory COVID 19 local insurance cover at USD 12 for a policy of USD 75,000 up to a period of one month.
5.Keep your Original vaccination certificate/ card (together with the certified copy of the English translation if the certificate/card is not in English) or verifiable evidence of vaccination and produce that at the airport.
6. Prior to boarding to the flight, visit https://www.airport.lk/health_declaration/index and fill the Online Health Declaration Form individually and upload the relevant documents (Vaccination record, Data page of the Passport etc.) to obtain the QR code. A separate form should be submitted for each of the accompanying children (if any).
7. Depending on the Airline you fly and your next destination, you might have to take a PCR report prior to your departure (please check with the authorities).
Accommodation & Airport Transfers – Fully vaccinated travelers are allowed to make their own arrangements for accommodation, Airport transfers, and local transportation. However, advised using safe and secure certified accommodation and travel agents to ensure their health & safety.
Getting to Santani from Airport
We or a Safe and Secure Certified travel agent will arrange the transportation for you in a private vehicle or Helicopter (based on availability).
Once the guests arrive at Santani
1. No on arrival PCR test will be carried out for the fully vaccinated travelers.
2. No on arrival PCR test for Not-vaccinated / Not-fully-vaccinated children and they will be allowed to travel with their parents.
3. No 2nd PCR for fully vaccinated travellers.
What are we doing to ensure the guests’ safety?
1. We have implemented the strictest protocols in response to COVID-19.
2. Our staff is fully vaccinated and continuously undergoes random PCR tests.
3. All staff attend continuous training to update their knowledge in the latest COVID-19 based health & safety protocols.
Is the wellness Center and Spa open?
Yes, in accordance to the guidelines given by the Ministry of Health & Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority.
What is our cancellation policy?
We understand your need for flexibility when planning future travel so we have created a special cancellation policy to cater to that need. Our latest cancellation policy can be reviewed here.
What If a guest feel unwell during their stay?
Our resident Doctors are available and ready to provide the care you need.
If the guests are not fully Vaccinated
Three categories below are considered as not fully vaccinated travelers.
1. Travelers who have not received COVID-19 vaccination
2. Not completed the recommended doses of vaccination
3. Departed from abroad within less than 2 weeks of completion of recommended doses of vaccination
* The guest needs to stay at a level 1 safe & secure hotel for 8 nights and have a discharge letter from the respective level 01 hotelafter following all the non- vaccinated protocols
If, unfortunately, your PCR test is positive
But you are asymptomatic: you can still stay with us but you won’t be able to visit the restaurant or interact with other guests or staff. We will deliver food and beverages to your room. Our resident Ayurveda doctor will provide you with all the necessary care and keep the Ministry of Health informed of your progress.
You are symptomatic: You will be transferred to a Ministry of Health approved private hospital so you can get the necessary care. The insurance policy above will cover all related expenses.